M&A/Technical Accounting Sr. Accountant
About the Job
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Accounting at Epic
In this role, you will
- Assist with valuation work on M&A deals (as required), Purchase Price Accounting, and integration of accounting policies
- Research accounting implications/guidance to transaction /M&A / Business Development teams on various ad-hoc investment or other transactions, as required.
- Assist with the preparation of ASC 840 memos for each M&A transaction documenting key assumptions and accounting conclusions and own the preparation of the purchase price allocation analysis.
- Along with the Policies/Controls prime, provide support to the worldwide team on technical USGAAP accounting matters/questions, as required.
- Participate in new accounting guidance roll-out initiatives (e.g. ASC842, CECL etc.
- Work with the revenue team on any revenue recognition related matters, on an as needed basis.
- Assist with reporting units conclusion and annual goodwill impairment testing
- Responsible for alerting Company toward relevant accounting pronouncements
- Work with International Team and External Consultants on IFRS related matters, as and when required.
What we're looking for
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and with high-performing teams
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- Independent and self-starter with a "can-do" attitude
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and experience of working in ERP systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting; Master's degree a plus
- CPA / CMA
- 4 years+ of combined Public and Private Industry accounting experience
- SOX experience (desirable)
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.