About the Job
HR Business Partner Studios/Special Project
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Overview - What you'll do
Epic Games is searching for an HR Business Partner Studios/Special Projects, who will create amazing, fun experiences for the talented people who use our technology and make our games. We are looking for a strategic, people loving, motivated and customer service oriented HR person who is comfortable living in the grey. This exciting role works with Epic's HR Partners globally as well as our Compensation, Benefits and Recruitment teams in our US HQ. Reporting to the HRP Lead, based out of the USA, the successful candidate will need to work closely with the local business leads as well as provide local expertise across the multiple HR disciplines.
- Understanding of a fast growth, global company and the impacts this has on the teams you support locally
- Works with business leaders locally as well as those globally as needed, partnering with HR Partners and Compensation, Benefits and Recruitment leads
- Providing proactive pragmatic coaching to business units in the areas of talent development, organizational design, performance management, succession planning and manager coaching
- Support onboarding framework for new hires to ensure productivity and strong employee experience, help lead the onboarding process for key hires
- Partnering with leads, employees and Compensation team on compensation questions. Able to demonstrate local expertise and market knowledge
- Working with Benefits team to ensure local benefits offerings are competitive and align to our Epic strategy
- Managing employee relations discussions and challenges with assigned Teams
- Managing performance related discussions and plans with assigned Teams
- Attending business team status meetings as needed to understand the business, the people and staying abreast of changes on the projects, teams, and its effect on the business and our people
- Able to lead and support change management initiatives as well as Acquisition integration as needed
- Supporting career development initiatives specific to assigned Teams
- Partnering with team leads to build plans, projects, training, etc., as needed to support those development opportunities
- Travel to locations may be required as need to support business needs
- Minimum 8+ years of HR Generalist and HRBP experience, including partnering with senior leaders
- Able to exceed and deliver results in a complex global fast pace organization
- Expertise in navigating within ambiguous situations, with high levels of autonomy
- Able to deal with continual change and desire to make a difference is paramount
- Past experience with growth and departmental transformation required
- Excellent project management skills
- Current, in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to human resources and employee management locally
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working in a virtual environment
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.