Game (Balance) Designer
About the Job
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
Epic Games is looking for a Game Designer to join our team currently working on Fortnite (www.fortnite.com). In this role, you'll be closely involved in balancing elements of the core game, while also monitoring the live product for issues & helping to resolve bugs as they arise. Game Designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline content team working to develop great looking content which expand the Fortnite universe.
What you'll do
- Tuning and balancing Fortnite items, limited time modes, and other gameplay systems
- Identifying live issues and creating hotfixes for game content in real time
- Authoring and maintaining design documents
- Working effectively in a collaborative environment, providing input and regular feedback
- Rapidly iterating on designs in order to find the best possible outcome in the least amount of time
What we're looking for
- You have been part of a live game project where you have owned tuning and balance for game content
- Shipped a competitive multiplayer game or participated in competitive tournaments at the highest levels of play
- Systems design knowledge (including data tables, tuning & balance)
- Some visual scripting experience is ideal
- Ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with others (written or verbal)
- Ability to react to changing project needs and directions extremely quickly
If you'd like to be part of balancing an always-on multiplayer game we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a cover letter that includes how often you play Fortnite and your ingame name, and we'll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
We offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.