Engine Programmer - ECommerce
About the Job
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success is a talented, passionate team. We pride ourselves on a creative, collaborative, and inclusive environment. Whether building award-winning games or honing engine technology that enables others to create stunning interactive experiences, we're focused on innovation.
Being Epic means continually striving to do right by our community. We empower creators to make great games, and help players to safely and easily enjoy them.
Online Engineering at Epic
What we do
Our team builds online frameworks that support player experiences for internal games like Fortnite. In addition, we provide an SDK that exposes game services for third party game development teams all over the world. We currently focus on systems like matchmaking, player inventory, leaderboards, achievements, voice chat, parties, and more.
What you'll do
As a member of our team, you can expect to contribute across a variety of online game features and hardware platforms, from desktop to console to mobile. You will partner closely with backend services teams and other client teams, ensuring that the underlying systems we build are scalable and secure.
If this sounds exciting, we would love to talk.
- C++ expertise
- Strong problem-solving, logic, and troubleshooting skills
- Online service integration experience
- An ability to architect system frameworks and tools
- Experience with multithreading, asynchronous, and event-driven programming
- Experience using networking diagnostic and debugging tools (we use Charles, Postman)
- Passion for building great user experiences and products that serve diverse use cases
- Experience with one or more of the following: game engines, REST services (we use Java), consoles (Xbox, Nintendo, Playstation), or mobile (Android, iOS)
When applying, please provide your resume along with code samples, GitHub, or other relevant links. We'll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!