About the Job
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is searching for an experienced operationally minded development director to join the Fortnite game team. In this role, you'll focus on strategic resource tracking and capacity planning ensuring optimization of resources and cross team collaboration and communication.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record for leading large teams in the development and release of titles with internal and external distributed development teams.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Collaboration - Collaborate with Fortnite leadership, team leads, and teams to outline and communicate all team projects and initiatives with the team, stakeholders, and executives.
- Guide the process - Shape processes and workflows to help streamline the development and release pipelines.
- Define the process - Implement with team leads effective process and practice changes in reporting, risk management, change management, and more.
- Resource tracking - Work with team leads to collect and monitor team capacity and activity to keep us focused on strategic initiatives.
- Transparency - Provide transparency on project status and risks to stakeholders in order to ensure they are properly informed of any impacts from project priority changes.
- Leadership - Ability to organize large teams, run efficient meetings, process reviews, and continually evolve/improve based on stakeholder feedback
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- 8+ years leadership experience with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders.
- 8+ Years of experience working in a production role where you've managed cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of games.
- Deep understanding of game development process, and project management practices.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience owning complex process improvements with ability to provide clear direction as well as timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on quality, budget and schedule
- Demonstrated excellence in communications at all levels (verbal and written)
- Ability to work with others across the organization to achieve goals via influence
- Experience with all sides of contracts management; negotiations, onboarding, offboarding, and performance tracking
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents and offer coverage for supplemental medical, dental, vision, critical illness, telemedicine, Life and AD&D, long term disability insurance as well as weekly indemnity (short term disability), retirement savings plan, EAP (employee assistance program), meals and transportation.
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.