Technology Engineer (Cell Designer)
About the Job
This is Energizer
At Energizer Holdings, we are passionate about bringing our brands and products to the world better than anyone else. It’s our passion and drive that makes us proud stewards of iconic brands including AC/Pro, Armor All, Energizer, Rayovac and STP, part of our broad portfolio of products that millions of consumers know, trust, and rely on every day.
When you come to work here, you’ll quickly see that we love what we do, we care about each other, and we continuously learn and improve to meet the needs of our customers and consumers around the world.
We have talented colleagues around the world with varied skillsets, backgrounds and experiences, and we embrace this diversity because it’s a big part of what helps us deliver results to grow the company. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Come join our team!
The position is for a battery designer. The candidate will understand how batteries are designed and assembled, including all raw materials and the fundamentals of battery performance. The candidate will work with other colleagues to identify new technologies, and then design battery trials and analyze and summarize data from the perspective of performance, cost, and reliability. The candidate will make recommendations on new cell designs that result in improved product performance and lower cost.
- Accountable for technical assignments within the Battery R&D Team. Collaborates with colleagues in achieving objectives.
- Reports to and interfaces regularly with management for guidance in the work program. Collaborates with colleagues, as well as external networks and partners to leverage knowledge and meet assigned business objectives.
- Develops written action plans to accomplish assigned and agreed-upon objectives.
- Provides regular written documentation and oral presentations which both assess and record the progress of the work. Develops training materials and other documentation as needed.
- Participates in the safety program. Defines equipment requirements and establishes and updates equipment and documentation that meets OSHA standards and Company policies.
- Monitors competitor product improvements and Intellectual Property in the assigned technical area. Participates in establishing Intellectual Property related to assigned programs through experimental work and collaborative discussions.
- Develops knowledge leading to new or improved batteries, or processes, having marketable cost/performance advantages by designing and conducting robust experiments.
- Generates and evaluates new engineering or scientific knowledge that contributes to the technical base of assigned programs. Recommends technical approaches to achieve assigned objectives. Acquires knowledge of the pertinent technical literature.
- Collaborates with colleagues, as well as external networks and partners to leverage knowledge and meet assigned business objectives. Interfaces with other R&D, Engineering, and service groups to acquire information and services necessary to meet assigned objectives. Modifies product designs to create an optimum balance between product and process.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required.
- 0-3 years experience in a technical laboratory, industrial manufacturing, or similar environment.
- Ability to analyze for cause and solve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to use software programs/technology: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Chemical Engineering degree preferred, but other engineering disciplines will be considered with the appropriate skills and experience.
- Understanding/experience with design of experiments and statistical data analysis software and theory.
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Process development knowledge/experience; ability to scale designs and processes from benchtop to production.
- Electrochemistry experience is preferred.
Working Relationships & Environment
- Typically assigned to project teams that include colleagues from R&D, Engineering, Operations, Quality and Procurement.
- Interfaces with supervisor for direction and guidance and collaborates with internal and external networks and partners to achieve assigned objectives.
- Interfaces with other R&D, Engineering and Service groups to acquire information and services necessary to meet assigned objectives.
- Travel to manufacturing facilities as needed for projects, typically 1-3 times per year, but up to 25% for periods of time.
- Typical work hours: full-time day shift position.
An Offer to Grow On
Come join us!
Energizer offers a competitive total rewards package which includes a range of health, wellness and retirement savings coverage, paid time off and holidays, and many opportunities to learn, develop and grow. At Energizer, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.