Sr. Manager, Plant Manager
About the Job
This is Energizer
At Energizer Holdings, we are passionate about bringing our brands and products to the world better than anyone else. It’s our passion and drive that makes us proud stewards of iconic brands including AC/Pro, Armor All, Energizer, Rayovac and STP, part of our broad portfolio of products that millions of consumers know, trust, and rely on every day.
When you come to work here, you’ll quickly see that we love what we do, we care about each other, and we continuously learn and improve to meet the needs of our customers and consumers around the world.
We have talented colleagues around the world with varied skillsets, backgrounds and experiences, and we embrace this diversity because it’s a big part of what helps us deliver results to grow the company. Whatever your specialty, you'll find that excelling at Energizer provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Come join our team!
Provide leadership and direction in a fast-paced battery manufacturing facility. Overall accountability for colleague safety, product quality, and the achievement of key performance objectives. Challenges and drives continuous improvement throughout all functions to ensure cost competitiveness and long-term vitality.
- Strategic Thinking: Acting Decisively
- Building Relationships
- Developing the Organization
- Achieving Results
- Change and Innovation
- The leadership of daily plant execution and improvement in core competencies (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery).
- Actively participate in the development and execution of plant strategies that are aligned with overall business and global supply chain objectives.
- Administer corporate and company procedures, policies, and benefit plans to maintain a high level of colleague morale.
- Establish, communicate, and ensure facility meets and/or exceeds financial commitments.
- Communicate key business results and/or changes to colleagues via business meetings.
- Lead teams of cross-functional experts.
- Participate in global teams, complex business projects and operational initiatives.
- Collaborate/network across other functions; specifically, R&D, Quality Assurance, Safety and Health, Procurement, HR, Marketing Operations, and Commercial in new product introductions and replenishment/promotional activities.
- Continuous cost improvement efforts (to include improvements in efficiency, as well as in-sourcing opportunities to reduce costs) to drive towards industry cost leadership.
- Routinely active participant with Procurement on market analysis and vetting new suppliers.
- Accountable for all aspects of the P&L responsibility.
- Facilitate strategic planning for facility and lead strategic objectives/projects.
- Create and articulate a vision with plant team; lead and motivate the team to execute key strategies
- Complete review, recommendation, and sharing of the annual hourly wage surveys.
- Summarize and share key plant results and strategies via monthly highlights.
- Connect with other business leaders in the community.
- Leads teams of 5-24 salary and 250+ hourly colleagues; 3-5 direct reports.
- Development of annual budgets and approval for forecasts.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven leadership experience in a cross-functional role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Financial Acumen related to operation & capital projects.
- Results-focused - Achieving our Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and strategic objectives.
- Change & Innovation demonstrated.
- Building Relationships amongst colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Developing the organization to inspire and motivate towards success.
- Strategic Thinking to prepare plant resources for the future.
- Success developing individual contributors and future leaders in the business.
- Cultivate a winning culture that will drive our business and build a bright future for our brands, our products, our customers, and our consumers.
- Foster an inclusive and diverse work environment by embracing colleagues’ diverse cultures, diverse experiences, and diverse ways of thinking.
- Prior management experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Operations leadership experience.
- Safety and Environmental experience – compliance and program execution.
- Quality Assurance experience – systems and projects.
- Engineering experience – process and projects.
- Mechanical aptitude - equipment and systems.
- Adaptable to working within a union environment (facilitative skills)
- Thorough cost & systems (SAP) understanding.
Working Relationships & Environment
- NA manufacturing operations leaders.
- NA Shared Services for Safety, Engineering and QAD support.
- Key relationships internally include Integrated Supply Chain, R&D, Finance, Legal, HR, Commercial and Marketing.
- Outside Contractors, Raw Material and Service Providers.
- Travel requirements up to 10%, within North America.
- Time spent between office and manufacturing environment.
An Offer to Grow On
Come join us!
Energizer offers a competitive total rewards package which includes a range of health, wellness and retirement savings coverage, paid time off and holidays, and many opportunities to learn, develop and grow. At Energizer, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.