Technical Service Representative
About the Job
As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource. If you would be interested in joining Ecolab please apply below and we will be in touch when a suitable position becomes available.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Technical Service Representative to join its industry leading sales and service team. You’ll partner with Sales Representatives on executing service plans in strategic district accounts and providing customers with problem solving support. You’ll also assist District Sales Representatives with launching new applications in current customer accounts and in transitioning competitively-held accounts to Nalco Water. This position requires you to install, maintain and calibrate chemical feed equipment and process monitoring equipment.
What’s in it For You:
- You’ll join a growth company offering a competitive pay and benefits
- A company vehicle and cell phone
- A long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management
- Access to the industry’s most innovative training programs
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Provide routine service support to Sales Representatives in strategic district accounts to execute agreed upon customer system assurance plans
- Assist Sales Representatives with start-ups of new applications in both existing customers and in new accounts
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
- Execute required chemistry tests, log and report data, and maintain product inventories at customer accounts
- Install, calibrate and maintain chemical feed equipment and process monitoring equipment at customer accounts
- This position is based in London and the South East
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you’re prepared to solve any customer problem.
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent work experience
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems OR paper machine operations, wet end chemistry, pulp mill operations operations, wet end chemistry, pulp mill operations>
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.