Pest Control Technician
About the Job
See why Food Processing Magazine honored Ecolab Pest Elimination as The Top Pest Management Company! Ecolab is seeking Pest Control Technicians to join its industry leading Pest Elimination team. In this position, you will provide timely and cost-effective pest detection, elimination and prevention solutions to an established route of commercial customers. You’ll provide brand protection to your around-the-clock customers including commercial businesses such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, retail stores, and food and beverage processing plants. Make your service and sales expertise work for you with Ecolab Pest Elimination.
What’s in it For You:
- Enjoy a paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- Receive a company service vehicle for business use
- Carve out a long term, advanced career path in service, sales, or management
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Grow your income as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of customers and partner with them on best practices to identify and solve pest problems.
- Keep abreast of Ecolab’s product/service offerings and industry conditions, to enhance service and sales of pest prevention/elimination solutions.
- Use handheld computerized equipment to manage service and document structural, sanitation and pest issues.
- This position is classified as heavy work
- Candidate must reside in: Pensacola, FL area
- Route territory will include: Pensacola, FL/Mobile, AL area
- Work week and shift: Combination route - some of the route is day work & some of the route is overnight/graveyard work (9/10pm to 5/6am; weekend on-call coverage expectations - rotating weekends
As an Industry leader, Ecolab offers a world class training program designed to provide the tools and resources for you to be one of the best in your field. During your training program, you will be required to travel to Ecolab Corporate Headquarters in Saint Paul, Minnesota for 1 of the 5 weeks. Travel to Saint Paul will be on Week 5 and the remaining weeks will be in-field training. Ecolab will arrange and pay for your travel and certain travel related expenses.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years work or military experience
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable motor vehicle record, and drive and maintain a company vehicle and equipment in clean and proper operating condition
- Must be able to work a combination route
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Willingness to be on-call during off work hours and weekends as necessary
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Must have the ability to Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 50 pounds (25 kilograms) chest high.
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear.
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator
- Possess or able to obtain required pest certification and/or business licensing pursuant to country or state/local law
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to sell value-added products to existing customers
- Previous pest elimination industry or route experience preferred
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.