Logistics Associate (Forklift Operator)
About the Job
Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a Logistics Associate (Forklift Operator)!
This role is responsible for the accurate and timely picking, packing, preparation and shipping of all customer orders. Additionally, the role is responsible for accurate material handling and cycle count functions.
What’s in it For You:
- Opportunity for a long-term career path
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Manually picks full-case orders and stacks them onto pallets
- Ensures proper staging and identification once an order has been completely picked
- Uses various pieces of equipment (manual pallet jack, electric pallet jack, reach truck and propane lift) to move pallets
- Verifies quantities, quality of items and proper labeling of products that are being shipped
- Examines all packaging and contents of items for quality
- Verifies all packaging information against the packing list
- Coordinates with other departments such as customer service, production, instant and small pack
- Manages shipping box assembly, induction for packaging and label preparation/application
- Loads trailers with packed boxes and pallets
- Identifies items with a quantity discrepancy and promptly communicates with Supervisor and/or Lead
- Maintains the 5S cleanliness of the picking area and pulls completed shrink-wrapped orders to the dock for packers
- Follows all safety procedures and policies
- Follows all warehouse procedures and policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Plant location: Jacksonville, FL
- Work week and shift:
- 1st shift (Monday - Friday, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM)
- 2nd shift (Monday - Friday, 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM)
- Wage: $14.75/hour + $0.50/hour shift differential on 2nd shift
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous plant or warehouse experience
- 1+ year of forklift operating experience
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Must be able to lift/carry 50lbs
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Previous experience in shipping and/or receiving
- Good communication and time management skills
- A critical mindset with the ability to identify areas for improvement
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently or in a team
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.