About the Job
Ecolab is seeking a Principal Chemist to develop and advance technical platforms satisfying both business and customer needs. In this role you will be responsible for performing and leading research, development and problem solving projects to enable new product and platform development. You will work closely with anchor and divisional RDE teams to design execute and communicate results. We are seeking candidates who have strong collaboration and teamwork skills, are self-motivated, have good communication skills, are creative problem solvers, and possess strong observation and perception skills.
Job Characteristics:Demonstrates full use and application of chemistry, project management, and other principles, theories and concepts to assignments where precedents may exist plus working knowledge of other related disciplines. Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems such as the design of complex systems and programs and/or the resolution of problems requiring state of the art awareness of the terminology. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in identifying and trying new and different approaches.
Education/Work Experience:Degree or Advanced degree in a chemistry or related discipline. BS and 5+ years, MS and 3+ years or PhD and less than 2 years related experience.
Independence Level/Reports to:Leads or acts as a key technical contributor on projects/experiments/research of moderate scope and complexity with high impact on the business. Acts with considerable latitude in determining technical approach required to meet desired objectives. Normally reports to project/program leader or more senior technical leader.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Develop and transfer phase 0-1 chemistry and formulation concepts
- Collaborate with anchor and divisional research scientists/RDE leaders on new development projects and platforms
- Actively engage in development of new platforms that meet strategic business needs
- Interpret experimental data and communicate results clearly to peers and project teams in written reports and oral presentations
- Provide consulting on experimental design, mentoring, and work direction for junior lab scientists
- Maintain employee safety standards, including 6S lab standards
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of R&D experience; Master’s Degree and 3 years of R&D experience; or Ph.D. and 1 year of R&D experience
- 1 year of formulation chemistry experience
- Experience working with EPIC/CAS
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of fundamental physical/chemical properties and structural activity relationships
- Working knowledge of statistics
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.