Business Intelligence Developer
About the Job
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights, and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
The Business Intelligence Developer is part of the Global Safety, Health, and Environment (SH&E) Analytics and Business Intelligence organization and is responsible for leading and supporting development and business process improvement projects by focusing on information systems and reporting to create value and insight. Requires development experience with Microsoft BI stack tools in addition to the ability to independently lead multiple complex projects across organizational boundaries and influence others.
This position can be either a C4 or C5 depending on candidates level of skill set and/or years of experience.
What’s in it For You:
- Opportunity to take on the meaningful challenge of keeping our employees safe and healthy.
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth.
- Support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best.
What You Will Do:
- Provide business process and ad-hoc support for global SH&E BI reports
- Design, test, and deploy report enhancements monthly.
- Work with the global safety team and safety business partners to define and deliver solutions that drive action.
- Contribute vision and integrate a broad range of ideas regarding business information definitions, processes, and analytics development into useful, informative products.
- Provide technical leadership on complex projects; May be responsible for multiple phases of a project.
- Create and deploy training for global SH&E BI reports. Facilitate in-person and remote training sessions.
- Analyze and research data
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, or similar degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience in data analysis, technical development, or similar positions
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools including: Power BI, Azure Data Factory, dashboards/visualization or similar.
- Experience with accessing and leveraging multiple data sources when creating reports.
- No immigration sponsorship is available for this role.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Experience translating business requirements into reports, dashboard/scorecards, BI query objects.
- Experience working with BI tool architecture, data analysis and data modeling, ETL tools.
- Experience working with SQL/TSQL, SQL stored procedures, and relational/multidimensional databases, Power BI Pro, Premium Nodes
- Functional understanding of Python
- Experience working with Intelex application (safety, health, and environment program management tool)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.