Athletic Club Director of Development
About the Job
East Carolina University
Pirate Club Director of Development
Vacancy #: 002362
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The Primary Purpose of the Pirate Club or ECU Educational Foundation is to serve East Carolina University and its student-athletes as the friend raising and fundraising organization for East Carolina University's Division I Athletics Program, representing the highest principals of honesty and integrity. By conducting annual fund, endowment and capital campaigns in support of student-athlete scholarships, athletic facility enhancements and other programmatic needs the Pirate Club seeks to bring positive recognition to East Carolina University and the region it serves.
The ECU Pirate Club is the fundraising arm of ECU Athletics and is accepting applications for the position of Director of Development. The position will be a key member of the ECU Pirate Club staff, sharing significant responsibilities for the advancement of the Pirate Club's annual, major and planned giving development efforts, as well as spearheading all athletics efforts in the assigned area. The position will serve as the departmental liaison to assigned volunteer groups, work to establish corporate relationships, provide stewardship to current donors, manage the volunteer chapter, lead and develop strategic initiatives to increase donor engagement and giving as well as assist with major gift fundraising efforts in their area. Additionally, this person will build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with Pirate Club, athletics, and University staff, students, business vendors and all donors and stakeholders. It is expected that the person in this position will conduct a minimum of 300 in person visits annually with Pirate Club members or perspective Pirate Club members, actively build a prospect pipeline of leadership donors, provide excellent customer service, maintain a culture of compliance and contribute to the overall success of the ECU Athletics department. In addition, this person will abide by all written policies and procedures of ECU, the Department of Athletics, The ECU Educational Foundation (Pirate Club), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate a strong and compelling case for support.
- Work with Pirate Club Chapter Presidents to effectively lead assigned Pirate Club chapters towards increased membership and successful special events.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of a Division I Athletics Program
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create strong professional relationships
- Strategic, hardworking, and able to work with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Support all capital campaigns, planned giving activities and premium seating projects.
- Provide excellent member/customer service.
- Maintain a culture of rules compliance and institutional control within the Pirate Club.
- Contribute to the overall success of the ECU Athletics department and the Pirate Club by willingly performing all other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of progressively responsible relevant experience. Work experience that demonstrates the ability to work autonomously, and to establish priorities and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Master's Degree and four (4) years of progressively responsible relevant fund-raising experience in the University, Higher Education environment. Fund-raising or related work experience within intercollegiate athletics. Fund-raising and familiarity with the assigned market. Work experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
- Official transcript required within 30 days of employment.
- East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university's diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 002362 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu .
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/41115