Sr Software Eng - Frostbite Animation & Cinematics
About the Job
Senior Software Engineer - Frostbite Animation and Cinematics
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing cutting-edge engine features and tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
As an Senior Software Engineer, you will report to the Engineering Manager of the Product Area. You will solve challenging animation problems. You will work with other Frostbite leaders in solving challenges across teams. You will be part of a team that is passionate about Animation and Cinematics and help push our technologies forward while having fun. Our team within Frostbite oversees the development of the platform that all animation technologies within EA are built upon. Additionally, the technologies our team develop include a multi-character interaction system, a secondary and facial animation system, and an animation live preview system.
- You will design a new system and workflow for character authoring in Frostbite
- You will design a new architectural pattern in the Frostbite engine
- You will solve tough animation challenges for next-gen game consoles
- You will diagnose potential flaws in a system while suggesting solutions
- You will help grow the team and mentor/manage junior engineers
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
- Passion for solving challenging problems with great people
- Experience with complex codebase
- 6+ years of professional experience including C# tool development and C++
- Strong foundation in animation concepts
- Strong foundation in software architecture design
- People management experience
- Experience in machine learning
- Knowledge or experience with an Entity Component System
- Knowledge or experience in game engine development
- Interest in latest research and development in animation technology
- Passion for video games