Technical Operations Engineer, Datacenter Ops
About the Job
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It's simple, at DraftKings, we believe life's more fun with skin in the game. For that reason, we're committed to responsibly creating the world's favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Join a groundbreaking team.
We're growing rapidly and are searching for a Technical Operations Engineer to help with the design, build-out, and support of our core infrastructure and information security systems. The Datacenter Operations team has a significant presence both within large cloud providers as well as modern datacenter points of presence. We are an evolving group of forward-thinking individuals who want to use automation when possible to scale, transform, innovate, and make an impact within the company while also furthering our team members' knowledge base. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Technical Operations Engineer:
- Work within and outside of our team to discuss and collaborate on ideas and solutions.
- Build out new infrastructure in cloud providers and in terrestrial datacenters.
- Develop metrics to measure system performance and availability and implement best practices.
- Further our infrastructure-as-code journey using Terraform and Ansible.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems from Layer 1 to Layer 7.
- Assist in keeping datacenter hardware firmware and hypervisor software up to date.
- Create scripts to aid in maintenance or operation of assigned duties.
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation.
- Solve difficult challenges while providing high-level platform uptime and availability.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 3-5 years of Linux and Windows systems administration.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and ESXi in a highly available environment.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network fundamentals (OSI model).
- Exposure to AWS cloud infrastructure such as S3, EC2, EBS, ALB-NLB-ELB, RDS, IAM, and DNS.
- Ability to translate engineered solutions to detailed technical documentation.
- Understanding of the Infrastructure-As-Code approach when using industry-standard tools such as Terraform or Ansible. Understanding of configuration management using industry-standard tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Salt.
- Understanding of VMware vSAN at a general level.
- Git version control and Bitbucket code review.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as LogicMonitor, DataDog, and CloudWatch.
- Scripting in commonly used languages such as bash, python, and PowerShell.
- Ability to translate technical ideas to coworkers in a helpful, non-judgmental, non-condescending way.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We're proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We'll never discriminate against anyone's background or creed. If you're good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.