Ride Mechanic Assistant- Full Time w/ Benefits
Dorney Park Allentown, PA
About the Job
Maintain proper operation of rides and preform ride repairs and inspections.
- A genuine interest in making people feel welcome using your smile and positive nature
- Keen to be a part of something you believe in, providing fun while having fun at work
- Openness to learn, grow and develop skills
- Commitment to your team by being on time and working scheduled shifts
- Desire to be outdoors for extended periods in all weather conditions
- High School Diploma or GED certification.
- At least 2 years of basic mechanical experience or training.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to understand English at a level sufficient to receive and perform basic job assignments and instructions.
- Ability to provide own hand tools.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in electronic, electrical, and mechanical work.
- Able to work at heights to preform job assignments.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Ready to start your future now? Apply Today!
- Maintain inventory of equipment.
- Read and understand checklists, instruction manuals, etc.
- Notify maintenance of equipment problems, building repairs, etc. necessary to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Use soldering, hand, and power tools to perform tasks and repairs.
- Perform daily inspections on rides and repairs as needed.
- Paperwork for rides needs to be filled out daily on repairs and inspections.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.