Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we’re still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.Job Details:
Responsible for providing support to District Managers and Sr. HR Managers with regards to forecasting, sourcing, recruiting and interviewing. Develop and implement recruiting initiatives that build bench strength, reduce turnover and ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws. Develop relationships with community organizations to build a pool of possible candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sourcing and interviewing quality internal and external candidates for Store Manager positions to be presented to District Managers for final selection.
- Supports field management throughout the hiring and on-boarding process related to training, talent selection, pre-employment screening, and store assignments.
- Builds relationships with local chambers of commerce, colleges, universities, and other local organizations to source quality candidates.
- Monitors and reports weekly progress on staffing needs, turnover, succession planning and other related issues.
- Performs market visits with District Managers and Regional Directors to support staffing needs and organizes/conducts hiring events and staffing meetings as needed.
- Drives Store Manager retention through training programs and other internal programs to ensure successful transitions for newly hired and promoted Store Managers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong recruiting skills and ability to identify quality candidates.
- Strong knowledge of all relevant recruiting and employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks for timely completion.
- Understanding of overall recruiting process including time-to-fill, turnover, internal promotion rates, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the retail environment.
- Basic understanding of total reward programs and employee-relations.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with candidates and employees of all levels.
- Good computer skills; ability to develop spreadsheets and reports to analyze division staffing needs.
- Excellent collaboration and consensus building skills.
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks for timely completion.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Two to three years of recruiting exempt level candidates and/or two to three years of HR Generalist experience is preferred.
- Field retail experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Salary target- 50,000 – 65,000 (plus annual bonus)_: