Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.Job Details:
The Procurement Analyst partners with internal stakeholders (i.e., Category Managers, Buyers, etc.) on e-enabled strategic procurement process from strategy development, category Request for Proposal & Auction execution, and post-auction follow up (& implementation if appropriate). The Procurement Analyst is also responsible for training and communications with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
The Procurement Analyst is responsible for supporting the Procurement Manager/Director in developing a priority list of procurement projects to drive increased spend through the procurement pipeline, through aggressive outreach to internal stakeholders, specifically those people driving strategic procurement and/or spot buying activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Program Development and Maintenance
- Support the development of the overall strategies for incorporating procurement tools (i.e. request for proposals and auctions) into the day-to-day activities of Category Managers and/or the buyers
- Develop and maintain the processes and infrastructure necessary to support a best-in-breed procurement practices including:
- Sourcing Strategy Development
- RFP and Auction Programming
- Supplier Search and Outreach
- Supplier Training and Documentation
- Internal User Training and Documentation
- Summarize procurement results and accomplishments over time
- Support the execution process of non-disclosure and product and service agreements
- Performs regular spend analysis (monthly or quarterly depending on category) on key spends to audit, recovers and ensures compliance to procurement policies.
- Provides financial reporting with appropriate detail and basis for executive leadership to reinforce spend management.
- With supervision from the Procurement Manager, lead stakeholder teams through the development and execution of optimal procurement strategies
- Solicit proposals/quotations for Dollar General including drafting specifications, analyze pricing, and recommend vendor selection to Stakeholder departments based on budget information. Constantly strive to ensure the best quality product within budget constraints.
- Review supply market and category criteria for the appropriateness of auction, and ensure consistency with key requirements for auction success
- Develop a supplier communications plan to support of our procurement strategy
- Conduct supplier orientation and training on the procurement process
- Design and build the optimal bid structure within an auction to ensure consistency with key success requirements
- Create and execute request for proposals, auctions and practice auctions
- Validate final bids and generate and distribute Request for Proposals and auction reports
- Post analysis of negotiated data to develop recommendation and next steps
- Implement recommendation for categories, as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong communication, interpersonal and consultant-type skills in managing various internal stakeholders, cultural dynamics and effectively interfacing with multiple levels within the organization
- Proficient understanding of Internet technology. Knowledge of Ariba and Coupa a plus.
- Must have ability to work in fast-paced environment and be highly adaptable to change
- Ability to think “outside the box” and be an entrepreneurial self-starter
- Ability to multitask, gather data from multiple sources, prioritize, and manage/manipulate data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, stay organized, and deliver quality deliverables
- Must be a dedicated team player, capable of working independently, and self-motivated.
- Ability to think analytically/spatially and make assumptions/recommendations based on limited information.
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Bachelor's degree and/or at least five (5) years of analytical experience
- 1-2 years e-procurement experience
- Demonstrated project management skills (specifically in managing multiple projects