Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we’re still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.Job Details:
The Lead Software Engineer (LSE) directs the software development team on the design, development and implementation of software applications to realize business needs. This position requires demonstrated ability to translate business and technical architecture requirements into design specifications.
- Responsible for multiple products and projects simultaneously across multiple business units, companies and areas of expertise.
- Works as a business partner with many departments in the company and several partners and/or vendors
- Designs and codes software from the ground up and, as well as correctly sizing the solution to fit business needs
- Creates, updates and reviews new processes and established frameworks.
- Coordinates internal and external testing resources with effective review and direct support.
- Applies expert-level knowledge to convey project objectives, risks and success criteria.
- Must be a self-starter, adapt easily to change and have a collaborative personality.
- Demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and ability to follow through to get required results in established timeframe.
- Understanding of the systems development process and life cycle.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Ability to design effective systems based on user requirements.
- Capable of writing thorough unit, system and user test plans.
- Strong written, oral, and listening communication skills.
- Working understanding of waterfall or Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of general business concepts and user procedures.
- Customer service focused with the ability to build strong working relationships with business partners
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
At least 8 Years of total IT experience with:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related field or equivalent working experience.
- 5 years-experience working with Adobe AEM including Java/Sling/OSGi, Launch, Target, Analytics. HTL or React SPA frontend project experience a must.
- Back end: Node.js Azure (or AWS) serverless functions, experience working with REST APIs, Postgres or other SQL experience.