Sales Service Executive
About the Job
The Sales Service Executive position is an integral role within the Ad Sales organization partnering with Los Angeles Sales Leadership and Account Executives to support driving advertising monetization efforts within an assigned portfolio of Discovery's US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network. Provide the highest level of sales and client / customer service, in addition to developing strategic analysis and reporting during Broadcast Upfront, Calendar Upfront and quarterly scatter markets. Assist in new business development efforts for Ad Sales team as assigned including attending networking events, trade shows, prospecting and upselling existing clients via renewals, etc. Sales & Revenue responsibilies for a client/agency list via partnership with select AEs. Will develop strong internal relationships with Marketing, Research, Pricing & Planning and Commercial Operations to meet and exceed internal / external stakeholder expectations.
1. Develop new business and grow existing business at agency and client direct level with a focus on pricing, share to ensure inventory across our network portfolio are optimized.
2. Establish and maintain lasting relationships with agencies, direct accounts and clients.
3. Provide regular updates on network performance, audience delivery and programming to drive additional spending.
4. Partner with Sales Planners/Assistants to prioritize accounts, resolve discrepancies and provide regular updates to clients and/or agencies.
5. Cultivate a strong understanding of the direct response category and competitive landscape.
6. Partner with the Ad Sales leadership team to manage and maximize inventory across assigned networks.
7. Participates in special projects as assigned.
* Minimum of 1.5 years of direct response experience either selling direct response advertising or working in a Sales Planner direct response function. Bachelor?s degree in a related field.
* Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Exposure to Broadway, Ideal or related Ad Sales system required.
* Detail-oriented individual that meets deadlines on a regular basis.
* Highly motivated and driven by Consistent achievement of established goals.
* Collaborates with others on team projects.
* Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills.
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly.
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be able to work collaboratively with team members.
* Must have the legal right to work