Mgr - People & Culture Operations
Discovery Communications New York, NY
About the Job
- Lead, develop and coach a team of several professionals based in different locations across the United States. Area of services may include local onboarding, query management, support for various employee lifecycle events such as employment changes, leaves, terminations, and local initiatives driven by the People & Culture Partners and Centers of Excellence.
- Collaborate with the Shared Services teams based in Knoxville, Tennessee to ensure great end to end support for the businesses in the supported locations.
- R esponsible for ensuring the onsite team provides a great employee experience to the business, including focusing on customer feedback and ways to incorporate it in local improvement initiatives.
- A ct as an advocate of change and supports business leaders and P&C partners in getting accustomed to the People & Culture digital tools and processes.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, to ensure seamless provision of appropriate, quality advisory and transactional services and alignment with the wider People & Culture function.
- May take part in various initiatives and projects such as system enhancements, process changes, etc. Continuously review performance levels to support the identification and execution of continuous improvements to ensure effective service delivery, as well as against performance standards, employee feedback and metrics.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the direct manager.
- Previous People and Culture experience (5+ years) working in a global organization with an understanding of global HR processes and service delivery is essential.
- A minimum of two to three years of direct managerial experience, prefer ably managing employees in multiple locations.
- Knowledge of People & Culture (HR) Systems like ServiceNow, SuccessFactors or similar.
- Proven stakeholder management skills, comfortable dealing with senior leaders.