Manager - Business & Legal Affairs
About the Job
Responsible for independently handling deal negotiations and the drafting and review of a variety of agreements for the development, production and distribution of documentary and non-scripted reality television programming, including the agreements for talent, across Discovery's portfolio of networks, with a focus on HGTV and Food Network.
- JD required.
- Strong academic credentials from an ABA-accredited law school and current Bar admission
- At least 2-4 years' experience: i. negotiating and/or drafting media/entertainment/IP-related agreements; ii. focused practice in the areas of media/entertainment/IP at a law firm; or iii. working in the business affairs or legal affairs department of an established media company.
- Working knowledge of business deals related to production, acquisition, and development of content and to the talent appearing in content.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to take initiative, make firm decisions, and manage projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to define and resolve complex challenges.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Smartsheet, Word and PowerPoint, MS Outlook, as well as Google G Suite.
- Must have attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with team members.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.