Digital Quality Systems Data Integration Director
About the Job
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location: Can be remote
How will you make an impact?
The Digital Quality Systems (DQS) Data Integration Director leads the data integration efforts that allows pharmaceutical quality visual management and intelligence. The DQS Data Integration Director works with Tech Ops & IT to ensure the right data from Quality, Manufacturing, ERP and Training system data bases is available for data analytics & timely decision making.
What will you do?
- Communicates with main quality data stakeholders/customers to understand the needs & challenges of the Pharmaceutical Services Group.
- Assess current data architectures and develop a long-term strategy for data access and wrangling optimization.
- Works with IT and Tech Ops to deliver the quality data access and wrangling optimization strategic plan.
- Matrix manage quality data engineering project teams.
- Participates in a data governance team.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering (with a focus on data engineering) & at least 10 years of work experience developing data architectures.
- Experience in co-creating short- & long-term data architecture strategic roadmaps.
- Deep understanding of data management functions.
- Deep understanding of the ANSI/ISA 95 standard levels and components (DCS, MES, LIMS, Historian, ERP etc.).
- Experience with the implementation of Data Repositories and Relational Data Bases.
- Deep expertise in writing SQL queries.
- Experience with SAP products (SAP S/4HANA, Supply and Demand Planning etc.).
- Experience with at least one programing language (C#, R, Julia, Matlab, Python, Java, C++ etc.).
- Experience with the use of machine learning algorithms and computational approaches such as PCA, SVD, Random Forest, Neural Nets, SVM etc.
- Business intelligence understanding.
- Use interactive data visualization software (Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI etc.).
- Communicate and work effectively with internal stakeholders and clients using Storytelling and Emphatic Communication techniques.
- Proficient in the use of visual communication software such as Prezi and Power Point.
- Experience with digital project management tools (Electronic Kanban Boards, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Atlassian, Asana etc.).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Agile methodology & the SDLC framework.
- GAMP 5 experience or understanding.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- This position requires ability to work with computers.
- Up to 30% travel may be required.