On our team, everyone plays a critical role providing genuine, helpful and friendly service to help our athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. This role is an opportunity to make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Responsible for the implementation, training and coordination of all Loss Prevention best practices
- Conduct Loss Prevention assessments/investigations
- Ensure the physical security of the building and Company assets
- Train all store associates and managers on company Loss Prevention programs to ensure compliance
- Conduct ongoing MES training, ensures timely completion of certification programs; assist with all new-hire training and in-depth training for specialized positions.
- Conduct thorough analysis of daily, weekly and monthly exception reports to identify areas of opportunity
- Research and respond to cash over/short reporting
- Partner with Distribution Center Loss Prevention Supervisor to resolve issues involving the flow of merchandise to the store and any firearms issues
- Conduct store Loss Prevention Assessments to ensure compliance with Company processes and legal requirements
- Assist the Store Manager & District Loss Prevention Manager to facilitate the annual inventory process
- Support the Shrink Coach in ensuring compliance of self-assessments
- Ensure regular review of operational processes for compliance - Transfers, Claims, RTVs and Known Loss Reporting
- Ensure compliance with physical building security: complete monthly alarm tests, partner with DLPM and LP Coordinator to resolve alarm and CCTV issues, respond to after-hours alarm calls as needed, ensure store alarm system call list is up-to-date, ensure any key or safe combination changes occur upon changes in management
All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.
- 1-3 years of Loss Prevention experience or related retail experience
- Interview/Interrogation training and practical skills (Wicklander-Zulawski certification preferred)
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Successfully pass comprehensive criminal background
- World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
- Must be able to keep confidences and consistently operate in a direct and truthful manner
Special Skills / Requirements
- Loss Prevention Qualified (LPQ) preferred
- Loss Prevention Certified (LPC) preferred
- Strong conflict management skills with the ability to work alone in stressful situations
DICK’S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.