On our team, everyone plays a critical role providing genuine, helpful and friendly service to help our athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve. This role is an opportunity to make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team.
The Fitness Lead is a
technically focused role that prioritizes a health + wellness lifestyle,
creating a differentiated experience specifically to those interested in
fitness products. This individual will put from personal experiences and
leverage product knowledge to create wholistic recommendations based on the
- Meets the athlete where they are in their fitness journey, creating a tailored and unparalleled customer service experience; adapting sales style appropriately. Leverages fitness expertise to provide recommendations that meets the athlete’s needs / goals.
- Communicates extensive product knowledge with a clear and compelling in-depth explanation of product features and benefits; also stays current with industry technology and insights.
- Helps athletes see what’s possible by clearly positioning the added benefits and value of an at-home fitness space.
- Gathers an understanding of the available area within the athlete’s living accommodations in order to accurately outfit the space with fitness equipment / products (either for short or long-term space transformation).
- Aligns complimentary workout accessories, and if appropriate, fitness regimens and pre/post workout techniques in order to create a wholistic fitness bundle.
- Walks athletes through available financing options, outlining an alternative payment approach to large purchases.
- Ensures the fitness pad is accurately set by flawlessly executing the game plan (i.e. presentation of merchandise).
- Assist store management team with general supervision and directing on-floor work assignments of fitness area.
- Lead and clearly communicate company objectives to associates, and provide on-floor training to all associates.
- Support and develop associates through regular coaching and feedback. As needed, assist in other areas within the store.
2 years of fitness related experience required.
- 1 year of retail experience preferred, but not require
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.