Asst Store Mgr Operations
About the Job
At Public Lands, we exist to celebrate and protect public lands for all. We believe these national treasures are meant to be explored, protected and celebrated so they may live on for generations. With this in mind, we seek to empower the passionate, to guide the curious and to celebrate the courageous on their journey to thrive outside. Our mission grounds us in the communities we serve and drives our commitment to inspire and enable a diverse community of people to experience the profound power of the outdoors, either in their backyards or in our nation's public lands. We are also committed to our unmatched set of standards for environmental practices.
At the core of our brand is a dedication to provide products and experiences to any explorer in an effort to grow the number of people who love and seek to protect our public lands. We are driven to meet each explorer where they are in their journey, and to do it with an unapologetic commitment to style, quality and service. Our retail locations are designed to inspire and fuel a need to get outside. Our team lives and breathes for their next adventure, no matter how big or small. We are outdoor humans - connected by a common passion, shared experiences and style that is all our own.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will have the exciting challenge of creating a culture where we connect with our customers, inspire our teammates and empower our communities to get outside. The ideal candidate for the role is a purpose driven business leader, one who creates results by staying true to our values, our mission and our commitment to protecting public lands. From defining what that experience is, to training and developing the best teammates to executing our standards. You'll directly manage a specific team and have a dotted line responsibility for managing teammates in other areas of our store.
Business Development and Management
- Ensure the operations departments/teams meet all company operational standards Uphold standards for merchandise presentation and stockroom organization
- Hold associates accountable for meeting established operational guidelines, brand standards, customer service expectations, and company policies
- Manage associate performance matters, including appraisals, promotion recommendations, and discipline
- Responsible for building a world-class team, including attracting, selecting, coaching and developing an engaged team.
- Execute back office procedures including pre-/post-employment and active employment processes
- Review front end candidate applications, interview, hire and on-board/train hourly associates for the Operations teams/departments
- Validate schedules for the assigned department(s) and monitor payroll on a daily basis to ensure payroll plans are met, including scheduling associates to complete non-selling activities as needed
- Drive shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures
- Other tasks/responsibilities as business needs dictate
- Adhere to established policies and procedures related to safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures, as well as to laws and guidelines of external governing entities.
- Relentlessly focus on developing and maintaining a culture where discussion about environmental issues, public lands protection and opening the outdoors to all is not only taking place but is prioritized.
- Act as the face of the brand with local organizations, advocacy groups and public sector by demonstrating activism and commitment to expand access to the outdoors and protect local green spaces. Align local strategies with the larger brand objectives.