About the Job
Job Title: Driver
Reports To: Transport Section Leader
Group/Division: CCG / RSD
Career Band: 2
Job Track: Track
Position Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Number of Direct Reports: N/A
Delivery/collection of company goods to/from customers/suppliers premises. To plan and operate routes/deliveries to company and customer satisfaction.
Summary of duties (not in order of priority)
- To carry out daily vehicle checks and report defects Deliver/collect company goods to/from customers/suppliers premises (carried out in accordance with customer site regulations)
- Establish and maintain good working relations with customers and report on same to managers as required.
- Adhere to M.O.T regulations (highway code, driving hours, ADR) Complete Loading/Delivery run sheet and report missed deliveries/shortages
- Assist the supervisor/manager with route development, planning and improvements. Co-ordinate and arrange empty chemical bottle collections from route customers.
- To sort parcels into mode, route and drop sequence
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping – vehicle cab and delivery box
- To undertake other such responsibilities as may be required from time to time
- To operate and maintain equipment in accordance with relevant training.
- Comply with ‘Driver code of conduct guide card
- Responsible for using safe-working practices at all times when handling goods, equipment and hazardous substances.
- To actively support and maintain the departmental process and procedures .
- Required to change delivery routes at short notice and complete refresher training maintaining knowledge of a minimum of three delivery routes.
- Undertake other duties as requested by management team
- Effectively perform your duties whilst acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- You are required to be smartly presented at all times, wearing the appropriate Drivers uniform and Safety Footwear.
- You are required to be smartly presented, professional and courteous at all times when dealing with customers, customers contractors and suppliers.
- You are required to be physically fit, and able to lift / move loads up to 25kg.
- You will be required to carry out daily vehicle checks and report any defects.
- You may be required to change delivery routes at short notice, and will need to be able to spend nights away, whilst completing 2 day runs. You will be required to complete refresher training to maintain knowledge of a minimum of three delivery routes.
- A minimum of 6 months experience of multi-drop deliveries will be required
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (List 3-5 key quantifiable skills or position requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position.)
- Minimum class C driving licence
- Desirable class CE driving licence
- Clean, current driving licence
- Previous experience as a multi-drop driver
- ADR Vocational licence (transportation of hazardous substances)
- Drivers CPC (Driver Certificate of Professions Competency)
You will be required to operate within the conditions of the company’s Operator Licence. Therefore the rules on driver’s hours and tachographs need to be understood and observed.