About the Job
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Paramedic PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Del Sol Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Del Sol Medical Center, we offer an array of benefits for PRN colleagues. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Medical Benefits designed to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act
- Wellbeing Resources
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
- Disaster Relief Support
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Paramedic PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Provide quality care to patients under the direction of Medical Director in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Del Sol Medical Center. Reports to the charge nurse for shift assignments and direction of shift duties assigned. Each RN decides on a case-by-case basis what nursing tasks may be delegated to unlicensed personnel in accordance with Rule 224 (relating to RN delegation in acute care settings or for patients with acute conditions).
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of patient care, to include vital signs, venipuncture, urinary catheterization, cardiac monitoring, and 12 lead EKG.
- Blood glucose monitoring, patient transfers-lifts, immobilization techniques, basic wound care and dressing change, assist with emergency procedures, Nasogastric tube insertion, Medication administration, ACLS and equipment/supplies, pulse oximetry monitoring and oxygen delivery device application.
- Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Plans, organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Documents patient assessment, patient care, interventions and reassessment according to ED policy.
- Monitoring of supply need in the ED, with replacement and restocking as needed.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops, and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Knowledgeable with 100% compliance with Core Measures in the Emergency Department (evidence based best demonstrated practice).
- Knowledgeable with 100% compliance with Premium Credit best demonstrated practice).
- Provides excellent customer service following the philosophy of the hospital, and the ED with the guiding values in daily activities. Utilizes AIDET every patient every time.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Successful completion from an accredited Paramedic Program.
- Current Texas Department of State Health Services Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic / Licensed Paramedic.
- Current BCLS Certified.
- ACLS and PALS required (applies to the FSED).
- Those candidates with no recent ED experience will have 6 months after hire to complete ACLS and PALS education/certification (Applies to the Main ED).
- Certification and licenses must be renewed prior to expiration.
Del Sol Medical Center is a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Paramedic PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status