CT Tech II PRN
About the Job
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) CT Tech II PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Del Sol Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Del Sol Medical Center, we offer an array of benefits for PRN colleagues. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Medical Benefits designed to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act
- Wellbeing Resources
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
- Disaster Relief Support
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) CT Tech II PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under general supervision, operates Cat Scan & X-ray equipment, positions patients to produce diagnostic radiographs in a safe manner and performs related duties.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served; imaging with and without contrast of cardio-pulmonary, vascular, neuro, GI, GU, GYN, skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases including but not limited to: PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, HNP, oncology, etc.
- Operates C.T. & X-ray equipment to make radiographic images of designated portions of body. Adjusts equipment and patient to correct positions for each examination. Instructs and explains procedures to patients. Selects proper technical factors, on an individual patient basis.
- Performs reconstruction and special processing of data. Evaluates completed radiographs/scans for positioning, technique and adequacy of examination.
- Closely observes patients, performs first aid, as necessary, confers with physician when requested exams appear at odds with the patient’s condition, and generally, maintains an acute awareness of any patient under his/her control.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include inputting/editing exams and completion of requisition prior to setting films to be read.
- Records and maintains data on magnetic disc, tape, PACS, and logs. Responsible for correct identification of film, including side and radiological factors.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/ICARE principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Arranges, attaches or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices to obtain precise position, prevent motion and aid in patient comfort.
- Keeps current regarding developments in trends and techniques of diagnostic X-ray & Cat Scan by reading technical journals, participating in in-service education programs, attending conferences, etc.
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and personnel.
- Adheres to prescribed standards of Radiation Safety; participates in the Quality Improvement and safety programs.
- Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to hospital policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ARRT Registered
- CT Certification (Must obtain within 12 months of hire)
- TX MRT License
- CPR Certification
Associates degree in Radiologic Technology
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of radiographic physics,
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients.
- Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluation techniques, positions, and other related qualities.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients during radiographic procedures.
- Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired radiographic.
- Skill in safe and efficient operation of X-ray & Cat Scan equipment.
- Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date.
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our CT Tech II PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status