About the Job
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center Downtown is seeking a PT Registered CT Technologist. The shift for the position is Saturday and Sunday 12:00p - 12:30a. The CT Technologist must be flexible with work hours to meet department needs. Must be dependable, accountable and cooperative. Assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department according to department procedures. Has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. Able to independently perform job functions. Sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiology Technology.
Required Minimum Certification
- ARRT -R; ARRT-CT
- Current BLS certification.
Required Minimum Experience
- Twelve (12) months experience in Radiology.
- Six (6) months experience in CT.
Required Minimum Skills
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills because this position requires frequent verbal and written communications with: physicians, patients, visitors, departmental staff and nursing staff. The employee obtains, presents and discusses clinical information regarding job responsibilities on a routine basis.
- Candidate must be able to explain or give directions to maintain goodwill, and obtain cooperation with all contacts.
- Must possess the ability to function independently and under pressure while still actively participating in a team environment.
- Position requires the employee to exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times.
- Competent in all aspects of CT, patient positioning, exposure factors and radiation protection.
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as to how they affect the quality of a procedure.
- Competent to perform all ACR and manufacturer recommended Quality Control tests.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!