CSD Sales Manager North
About the Job
Job Title: Sales Supervisor / Manager, Clinical Sequencing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is to manage a team of sales representatives who sell clinical sequencing products within a defined territory. This position will be responsible for ensuring the team has effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts. The Sales Supervisor/Manager will complete account planning and forecasting, analyze reports on business, and manage performance of the team.
• Manage team to maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
• Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
• Manage the strategic direction for the overall region; Lead the sales team to drive sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; Ensure team maintains a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives;
• Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
• Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
• Show initiative to develop programs to drive growth in any economic condition
• Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
• Manage overall performance of team members
• Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of region
• Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- 8-10 years of sales & sales management experience, industry-specific experience, preferably in the experience from Clinical, Diagnosis, NGS or related Life Science industries
- Proven record of managing sales teams and achieving business growth
- Advanced selling and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High resilient and results orientated
- A Bachelor’s degree
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.