Personal Trainer-Bilingual Preferred-Port Chester
About the Job
Position Title: Personal Trainer
Reports To: General Manager
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Our Personal Trainers provide customized fitness programs to our members while educating and guiding them on proper nutrition, cardiovascular exercise, resistance training and attaining a healthier lifestyle. Clients sign up with a personal trainer to be motivated, educated, and held accountable while working towards their fitness goals. By definition, a personal trainer is a fitness professional possessing the knowledge, skills, and abilities for safe and effective exercise and fitness program design, instruction, and assistance for the purpose of reaching personal health and fitness goals. The Personal Trainer will help ensure the smooth and efficient operational procedures within the Personal Training department, enabling the club to provide the highest level of customer service. He/She will demonstrate an aptitude and command of all company-wide policies and initiatives to ensure the integrity of the Crunch brand.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Punctual and prepared for all appointments with clients or staff meetings.
- Passionate about fitness and coaching others with purpose while providing excellent customer service.
- Motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health.
- Desire to help clients reach their health and fitness foals through proper cardiovascular, flexibility and resistance exercise.
- Knowledge of anatomy, functional exercise, basic nutrition, and basic exercise science.
- Conducts fitness assessments according to company protocol.
- Educates members on current health and fitness issues and trends.
- Exceptionally member service oriented and possesses outstanding communication skills.
- Design exercise programs tailored to the needs of specific clients/goals.
- Demonstrate and teach exercises while providing feedback on technique.
- Execute individual fitness programs designed in a safe and effective manner.
- Understand the importance of maintaining accurate and current client files.
- Dedicated to maintaining personal integrity and personal health and fitness.
- Uphold Company protocol and policies.
- Attend mandatory staff training classes.
- Promote and sell personal training programs and services.
- Meet/exceed minimum monthly company expectations including session service targets resulting in PT revenue, supplement/nutritional product sales, and contribute to club success.
- Remain current on new trends in the industry.
- Must maintain current CPR/AED certification, current National Recognized Personal Training Certification, and all trainers are required to have a NASM certifications within 6 months of employment.
Please note: This job description was designed as a summary of the typical function of the job, and is not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities. The tasks and duties might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned may be part of the job.