Group Fitness Coordinator
About the Job
Position Title: Crunch Group Fitness Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Group Fitness
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The Crunch Group Fitness Coordinator will help ensure the smooth and efficient operational procedures within the Group Fitness department, enabling the club to provide the highest level of customer service. He/She will demonstrate an aptitude and command of all company-wide policies and initiatives to ensure the integrity of the Crunch brand.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Learn Crunch Branded Group Exercise Formats
- Be a role model instructor
- Confident/effective communication is a must
- Respond to all member issues concerning group fitness classes/Class-ic Training Program.
- Distribute, supply & maintain current club schedules at gym locations
- Ensure all classes are covered and facilitate sub procedures at facility.
- Review payroll information with the general manager in accordance with the club payroll schedule
- Update schedule on website and payroll system
- Facilitate the implementation of new programming, including training and marketing
- Send weekly email to instructors: club specific announcements, issues, sub requests, etc.
- Educate club staff on proper Group X procedures.
- Submit all holiday schedule changes to District Group Fitness Manager and GM, and distribute copies at clubs.
- Encourage attendance at special events.
- Follow all club/facility policies and procedures.
- Follow all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook
- Above description may be subject to change or alteration at any time
- Maintain schedule in ABC: adding new classes/employees when needed
- Hire and train new instructors and oversee completion of new hire paperwork
- Conduct performance reviews and oversee disciplinary action of instructors
- Handle all Group X related posts on social media sites
- Work with marketing team on Group X related events, fundraisers, and community outreach
- Maintain valid CPR Certification.
- Nationally Accredited Group Fitness Certification: AFAA, ACE, or NASM preferred.
Please note: This job description was designed as a summary of the typical function of the job, and is not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities. The tasks and duties might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned may be part of the job.
Crunch Fitness is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health and fitness to join our team.
Looking to combine work, fitness and fun? Crunch Fitness is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health and fitness to join our team. Working at Crunch is more than a job, it's an opportunity to inspire others to reach their fitness goals. Our 'No Judgments' philosophy attracts a diverse and welcoming group of professionals and makes Crunch an amazing company to work for.
Crunch is a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun by fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No Judgments. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment, weight room, full service locker rooms with showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage® bed, and an extensive schedule of Crunch's signature classes including Zumba®, BodyWeb with TRX®, Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and Thighs Bootcamp, and more.