Assistant Fitness Manager
About the Job
The Assistant Personal Training Manager ensures that we deliver consistent, genuinely caring, and inspiring service superior to our competition through our respected and empowered personal training professionals.
You are responsible for communicating and upholding the company mission, vision and standards, in particular by leading by example.
APTMs are responsible for growing their club's PT total revenue. This is accomplished in a manner consistent to our 4 supreme objectives: (1) acquire new PT clients, (2) retain existing PT clients, (3) encouraging customers to spend as much as possible, while never compromising on #2, and (4) in all of the preceding, keep working toward greater efficiency.
All Personal Trainers report directly to the PTM. The APTM needs to train and develop their team members to consistently deliver on the vision and mission, and execute the basics in areas such as punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness and cleanliness.
The APTM is the point of reference for fitness expertise within the club.
SPAN OF CONTROL / ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP / PEOPLE MANAGEMENT:
• Job Scope: 1 club
• Direct report:Personal Training Manager
• Secondary report: General Manager
• This position directly manages the following positions inside the club:
o Personal Trainers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The APTM is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
Sales Production [45% OF TIME]
The APTM is directly responsible for month on month increasing total PT revenue, recurring revenue and minimizing attrition in alignment with the vision and mission. To achieve this objective, the APTM:
• Services Kickoffs.
• Is the number one producer of new sales and expected to sell 4k of new recurring EFT per month.
• Supports membership staff sell memberships as need.
• Directly responsible for keeping the KO pipeline full by building value in the KO. This is done by
o Interacting with members on the floor
o Interacting with members at the front desk
o Making service calls to members
• Is responsible for processing all client cancellation and deactivations.
SERVICE [45% OF TIME]
The APTM position is a player-coach position and trains clients 10 session hours per week according to their compensation plan. The APTM also supports the club in maintaining cleanliness, equipment maintenance, and making sure all weights and equipment are stored properly.
FITNESS MANAGEMENT [10% OF TIME]
Ensure that the club runs and operates smoothly. To achieve these objectives the PT Manager will:
• Ensure that the PT team is managed in full compliance with all state and federal laws, specifically in the area of time and attendance and in the area or harassment in any form.
• Develop weekly work schedules for fitness staff. Ensure that staff properly records their Time & Labor. Ensure that staff comply with Time and Labor guidelines and manage overtime in accordance with company guidelines.
• Respond to work related emails and calls.
• Pull and review necessary reports.
• Ensure client billing is current and correct.
• Ensure clients are current on session usage and scheduled.
• Provide member service and support related to fitness servicing issue.
• Sign-off on Bi-Monthly trainer payroll.
• Attend regional manager and personal training meetings as scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• The APTM must be an expert Personal Trainer.
• The APTM must exemplify our 4 core values: (1) share a love for learning and a desire to be the best at what we do. (2) have an appreciation for hard work. (3) be a person of integrity and character. (4) be a person with a great heart, exemplified in your love for others.
• Knowledge of Crunch Certified Personal Training Program including program software (dotFIT, ABC/ Datatrak, Crunch-U, VFP, Styku, Where applicable). Knowledge of Personal Training technique and program design.
• Strong sales and communication skills.
• A strong drive to help people succeed.
• Must be able to adjust and operate all club equipment.
• Experience in coaching/motivating groups.
• Strong Leadership, interpersonal & communication skills.
• Able to generate, maintain & demonstrate a friendly, enthusiastic & positive attitude.
• Possesses a strong member service focus.
• Responds professionally to requests and inquires from guests, members and staff.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & AED Certifications
CERTIFICATIONS: (ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATIONS)
American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
• Certified Personal Trainer American Council on Exercise (ACE)
• Personal Trainer Certification The Cooper Institute
• Personal Trainer Certification
International Fitness Professionals Association (IFPA)
• Personal Fitness Trainer Certification National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
• Certified Personal Trainer
• Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
• Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA)
• Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
• Personal Trainer Certification
National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
• Certified Personal Trainer
• Certified Strength and Conditional Specialist (CSCS)
Preferred: 1 - 2 years as a Personal Trainer
Preferred: Prior management experience in retail/hospitality industry leading 3-10 employees Preferred: Consultative sales experience
• Ability to work in club office; move about club floors and rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members, and the public
• Regularly required to demonstrate or explain proper physical fitness activities, techniques and procedures. Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds
Crunch Fitness is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health and fitness to join our team.
Looking to combine work, fitness and fun? Crunch Fitness is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health and fitness to join our team. Working at Crunch is more than a job, it's an opportunity to inspire others to reach their fitness goals. Our 'No Judgments' philosophy attracts a diverse and welcoming group of professionals and makes Crunch an amazing company to work for.
Crunch is a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun by fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No Judgments. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment, weight room, full service locker rooms with showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage® bed, and an extensive schedule of Crunch's signature classes including Zumba®, BodyWeb with TRX®, Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and Thighs Bootcamp, and more.