Want to see what a day in the life is as a Driver? Click Here
Craft Massachusetts in Everett, MA, a proud member of the Sheehan Family Companies, is the leading craft beer distributor in the state. We offer top of the line benefits, matching 401k, profit sharing, paid and floating holidays, vacation, and you are home every night! No Sundays required! Overtime available!
*Monday through Friday 6:00am routes begin. Routes end on average by 4:00pm.
We are seeking CDL B Local Drivers for our retail routes throughout our territory in Greater Boston. Our fleet is comprised of straight trucks, small box trucks, and large axle trailers [ all automatic transmission ]. We send 14 trucks out daily to service our accounts. 90% of our trucks have a Helper. Primary responsibilities include driving and unloading retail delivery trucks, using two handed trucks to wheel in half kegs and cases of beer, collecting redeemable products to be recycled at our warehouse and ensuring proper stock rotation at our accounts.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the safe operation of vehicle - all new hires ride along for first 2 weeks before getting behind the wheel!
- Deliver pre-sold products to accounts
- Rotate and place products in dry and cool storage
- Ensure pallet build for your truck is secure and stable
- Load empties on truck for return to supplier as required
- Load dunnage, pallets and load bars on truck for return to supplier
- Maintain courteous and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers
- Complete your daily DVIR to alert management of needed repairs and maintenance
What you will need to succeed:
- High School diploma or GED
- Active CDL B License
- Previous experience operating straight trucks and box trucks
- Safety oriented mindset
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Read and write in order to record inventory
- Fundamental math skills in order to count and interpret inventory
Why join us?
- Starting at $26.00-$28.00 depending on experience
- Sign on Bonus of $3,000**
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance - $0 in-network deductible, only a 15% premium contribution
- Paid time off & holidays
- 401k Savings Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Growth & development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program with Work-Life Services
- Employee Wellbeing Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Personal technology and cell phone plan discounts
- Supplemental Plans available: Disability, Life Insurance, Legal & Identity Protection
**Sign on bonus will be paid out in installments throughout the 1st year.
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in an inclusive culture that provides mutual respect with salary advancement based on merit and individual performance. Sheehan Family Companies is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any protected class. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
All candidates considered will have a background check, pre-employment drug screen and a physical exam.
*This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
*In applying for this job and providing your phone number, you are authorizing the Sheehan Family Companies to contact you via text message for recruiting purposes. You may opt out of text messaging at any time.
- High School or better