About the Job
Manage all functions of distribution, to include but not limited to, receiving, orderfill, shuttling, sortation, stocking and shipping of merchandise in an efficient, cost effective, and accurate manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and supervise the activities of distribution center leaders to ensure that receiving, stocking, orderfilling, and shipping is maintained according to company standards of productivity and cost control.
- Develop, implement, and monitor long and short range operating plans to control distribution cost and effectiveness.
- Train and develop management personnel in leadership and technical aspects of warehouse distribution.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in compliance with OSHA, and other regulations.
- Creation and execution of annual operating budgets in conjunction with director of logistics/administration.
- Respond to questions, requests, and problems from corporate and retail locations.
- Promote a stable work environment with open lines of communication with subordinates.
- Participate in setting goals and establishing direction for distribution operations.
- Ensure safe keeping and proper use of corporate assets to include inventory and equipment.
- Work closely with Team Leaders and all levels of leaderships to enhance performance and create developmental plans for growth and development.
- Perform other duties and special projects.
- Establish/Maintain practices for Distribution Center Operations.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in the distribution field. Must have demonstrated experience in all functions of distribution
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field experience
- 5-7 years supervisory and training experience
- Knowledge of material handling equipment and distribution management processes
- General working mainframe systems knowledge (preferably AS400 and RF scanning)
- Must be able to motivate, team build, and coach
- Ability to communicate expectations clearly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Shift and departmental flexibility