Provides leadership for a large, complex outbound distribution system through subordinate supervisors. The departments of this Distribution Division include: Delivery, Packaging, and Shipping. Works with the Plant Manager and other managers to complete shipments and meet company goals.
- An active member of the company’s safety effort. Oversees safety training and enforcement of company and Department of Transportation safety policy. Participates in ongoing review and improvement of safety programs and policies. Maintains safety performance levels at or below targeted goals. Safety performance goals include: number of incidents, incident rates, severity rates, and worker’s compensation cost per hour.
- Directs and manages activities of the Shipping & Distribution Departments. Assigns responsibility to supervisors and leads to further attain goals and objectives. Ensures that products are delivered on-time and complete, at or greater than targeted goals. Maintains efficiency rates at or greater than targeted goals.
- Reviews analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast to determine the department’s progress toward stated goals and objectives. Reviews warehouse layouts and delivery schedules as appropriate. Identifies and justifies the need for capital projects, negotiates leased vehicle rates and freight tariffs and prepares zero-based operating budget annually.
- Confers with the management staff and other administrative personnel to review operations and discuss required changes resulting from current status or conditions. Communicates information to the Outside Sales Group regarding delivery performance.
- Oversees clerks who process shipping documents and handle customer communications in regards to shipments. Resolves complaints from customers.
- Incumbent carries out direct managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching/correcting associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related industry experience.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in a transportation environment which utilized a private fleet for distribution. Prior supervisory experience required.
- Possess good written and verbal skills as well as the ability to speak effectively in front of audiences and interact with customers.
- Possess the ability to observe, recognize, and resolve associate conflicts quickly.
- Understand team building and motivation; ability to maintain positive relations with co-workers and other company members.
- Possess firm understanding of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Strong understanding of budget building.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of concepts and variables to pursue desired results.
- Position requires light travel.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary