Cornerstone Building Brands is looking for a Drafter to join its Reed's Metal team in Florence, AL or Oak Grove, LA. The Drafter creates drawings for layout, fabrication, erection and materials inventories of metal building parts and components by performing the following duties:
- This position is expected to perform as a vital member of a world class engineering organization.
- Focuses will be on continuous productivity improvements without loss of accuracy or completeness and reduction of manufacturing costs through utilization of standard parts whenever possible.
- Accurate, thorough, and, easy to erect buildings will play a key role in achieving customer satisfaction.
- Due to the high amount of interaction with others, this role will require people skills and operational discipline.
- Provide neat, accurate, easy-to-follow fabrication documents that follow the design calculations and are within the manufacturing limitations.
- Provide neat and accurate permit, approval and erection drawings that adhere to the requirements of the purchase order, and provide detailed information necessary to erect materials.
- Maintaining a tight schedule that often has late-addition requirements or changes in priority.
- Communicating needs and difficulties to all members of the team to assure quick disposition of problems.
- Promptly returning calls, e-mails and other correspondence that may originate from customers, design, or manufacturing when they require assistance at no cost to the schedule.
- Providing expertise to quickly solve field problems and provide the necessary documentation to customer service at no cost to the schedule.
- Protecting the company's interest when investigating field modifications.
- Understanding my role in the overall system and be willing to step outside that role when required the manager.
- Responsible for providing and/or receiving feedback as an integral part of growth & training.
- 2+ Years of related experience and/or training preferred
- 1-year experience in metal building drafting or related field preferred.
- Computer skills with emphasis on AutoCAD skills required
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) software experience required
- Ability to use advanced trigonometry and geometry required
- Ability to read and understand architectural/engineering drawings required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associates Degree in a related curriculum from an accredited institution
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
- Job Family Engineering Services
- Job Function Engineering
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No