Coordinator, Cardiology Systems (Healthcare Technology)
Northwell Health Port Jefferson, NY
About the Job
The position requires split responsibility between Mather Hospital – Northwell Health and Peconic Bay Medical Center - Northwell Health
- Assists in the evaluation, coordination, development, installation, integration, implementation, upgrade, maintenance and access of the computer systems including hardware, software and users.
- Recommends and implements system improvements and/or user training.
- Recommends related policies and procedures; and implements changes.
- Evaluates, recommends and acquires compatible, reliable equipment, software and adequate consumable supplies.
- Defines, coordinates, implements, integrates, upgrades and maintains the computer system.
- Diagnoses software and hardware system problems and coordinates solutions.
- Trains staff on the computer system supports.
- Evaluates and monitors user performance and provides performance information to supervisor.
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures relating to the computer system.
- Develops and updates operations and procedures manual. Makes purchase recommendations on hardware and software.
- Maintains adequate inventory of related supplies.
- Serves as liaison with I.S. department.
- Coordinates data reporting and performs analysis necessary to support patient records, performance improvement, and departmental decision- making.
- Addresses multi-entity issues pertaining to all 4D databases.
- Participates in staff educational activities related to information systems.
- Organizes work to meet departmental and hospital needs.
- Maintains skills/knowledge base relating to Cardiovascular Services Information systems functions and industry practice.
- Designs customized system programs and performs other related functions specific to department as necessary.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience to ensure familiarity with programming and managing computer systems.
- In-depth user knowledge of data management services.