Northwell Health Manhasset, NY
About the Job
As a Research Coordinator, you will coordinate the daily activities of the designated study or group of studies, coordinate and monitors research trials and actively oversee the recruitment of study participants. You may be required to perform venipuncture on study participants; collect, process and ship specimens according to protocol and Haz-Mat training requirements, adheres to Good Clinical Practice, and comply with regulatory and grant agency requirements, Further you will study protocol and maintain study records and collaborate with the Institutional Review Board as necessary.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for coordination of a designated study or group of studies. In research projects, oversees recruitment of subjects, implementation of study procedures, and the collection and processing of data. Keeps accurate and up-to-date records.
- May be required to perform phlebotomy, electrocardiograms, or monitor vital signs on study participants. Reports findings to supervisor.
- Collects, labels, logs, processes, and ships biological specimens for analysis according to protocol and Haz-Mat training requirements.
- Schedules subjects for protocol-related evaluations. Collaborates with physicians, investigators and other healthcare providers. Promotes respect for subjects' rights.
- Administers, scores and evaluates results of assessments as assigned and as related to study protocol. Collects data, confers with PI and forwards results to sponsor (internal or external).
- Interfaces with the Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) as necessary. Organizes all phases of grant process for submission to funding agencies as necessary.
- Collaborates with PI and the Food and Drug Administration and drug companies on related issues. Adheres to Good Clinical Practice, and complies with regulatory and grant agency requirements. Follows protocol as developed. Keeps investigator or supervisor informed of developments.
- Ensures availability of drug supplies and/or equipment for studies. Maintains drug accountability logs.
- Liaisons with agencies including: IRB, OCG, pharmaceutical companies, laboratories, and equipment and supply companies, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree, in a field of Science, Behavioral Science or related field, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible related experience, required.
- Certified in Haz-Mat Training for packing and shipping, as needed per study protocols, required.
- IRB Human Subject Protection training, prior to commencement of research, required.
- Certification required for performance of venipuncture, electrocardiogram and vital signs as needed per study protocols.