At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses superior knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has excellent knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations. Functions with recognized industry-level of expertise in a technical area.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform advanced engineering and technical tasks in support of nuclear plant operations.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects.
- Provides in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering activities related to plant safety, reliability, maintainability, and availability ensuring compliance to customer's needs, regulatory requirements, and corporate policies.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems.
- Provides initial or complete task management of engineering issues.
- Recommends equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
- Assure all engineering products prepared or overseen are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, and all regulatory requirements.
- Possesses superior technical expertise as either a multi-disciplined technical leader or as a specific discipline expert.
- Recognized as an Industry Expert in area or discipline.
- Performs independently in specialty area and actively imparts knowledge to others (established technical mentor).
- Has wide latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities.
- Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- PROVIDES governance, oversight, support, and performance of the processes related to License Renewal (LR) implementation of aging management related to 10 CFR 54 after issuance of the renewed license(s) as described in ER-AA-1100 for a Tier 3 Program.
- ACTS as the point of contact for industry LR implementation coordinators and working groups (NEI)
- MAINTAINS a listing of Aging Management Program (AMP) / License Renewal Requirement (LRR) Owners for Exelon sites
- CONDUCTS site visits and/or Peer Calls as appropriate to facilitate consistent implementation of LRRs and the associated AMPs
- ProvideS corporate support for site NRC station inspections that may review LR Implementation activities (e.g., PI&R or DBAI).
2. Pre-Period of Extended Operation (PEO) Only:
- ProvideS oversight of the PEO Readiness project / initiative through the PEO Readiness Lead
- WorkS with the PEO Readiness Lead to determine AMP Results Binder content
- MAINTAINS a working knowledge level and understanding of LR implementation and AMP requirements that support entry into the PEO.
3. Aging Management Programs:
- MAINTAINS responsibility for overall coordination of LR implementation including providing oversight of the preparation activities for NRC inspections related to aging management implementation
- INDENTIFIES, REVIEWS, and EVALUATES internal and external OPEX for potential aging issues
- PROVIDES familiarization on processes to corporate and station personnel on aging management related topics.
- ACTS as a resource for AMP/LRR owners and station personnel on aging management issues following issuance of the renewed license(s).
- TRACKS the completion of changes to LRR implementing documents that remained outstanding following issuance of the renewed license(s).
- INTERFACES with other company subject matter experts for long term asset management.
- PROVIDES consultation to plant work groups for aging management activities.
- COORDINATES and COMPLETES the periodic review of changes to the plant CLB to determine whether there are any newly identified SSCs that require aging management or evaluation of Time Limited Aging Analyses (TLAAs) performed as part of the UFSAR update process to meet the requirements of 10 CFR 54.37(b)
- PROVIDES consultation in the development of newly identified AMPs.
- PROVIDES consultation in the development of 10CFR50.69 Alternative Treatments that impact the LR Implementation Program and station AMPs.
4. LRR Management:
- PROVIDES overall governance and oversight of LRR management processes
- REVIEWS proposed LRR closures, changes, and deletions.
5. License Renewal Implementation Program Effectiveness Review:
- MONITORS performance of LR Implementation activities and their effectiveness
- PARTICIPATES in benchmarking activities through fleet and industry assessments.
- MONITORS the coordination and scheduling of periodic site Effectiveness Reviews to determine the status of LRRs and AMP effectiveness.
6. NRC Post-Approval Inspection (IP 71003) for License Renewal:
- SUPPORTS preparations for the NRC IP 71003 Inspections, including adjustments to the preparations based on new NRC requirements or expectations.
- COORDINATES corporate support for pre-inspection assessments and corporate support for the inspections themselves.
- COORDINATES with Site Regulatory Assurance and ensures planning and preparations for the NRC Post Approval Inspection (IP 71003) are conducted in accordance with LS-AA-1003, “NRC Inspection Preparation and Response”.
- COMMUNICATES with other sites about their inspection experiences.
- B. S. degree in engineering or licensed Professional Engineer
- 10+ years of engineering experience and exceptional performance
- Approval of VP Engineering required to obtain this classification
Professional Engineering Registration, advanced technical degree or coursework
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor