DescriptionBe a part of something powerful at America's premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Implement the standardized Emergency Plan at the Coordinator's assigned Station. Lead, manage, administer and monitor the Exelon emergency preparedness program at the station.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Program Administration and Maintenance maintain the EP activities schedule for the station. Lead or conduct Self Assessments, Audits and inspections. Provide administration of EP CAP. Perform event reviews and reports. Coordinate Station PI indicator data and reports. Review of Plan/Annex/Procedures and T&RM documents and 50.54(q)s. Maintain adequate documentation/files to support EP activities. (30%)
- Drills and Exercises coordination of the Station drill schedule, Lead and perform Scenario development team activities, perform drill evaluation responsibilities, and develop station drill reports. Mentor and aid in the development site personnel as ERO members to insure that ERO performance standards are achieved and embraced. (25%)
- ERO Qualification and Administration Coordinate, schedule, and conduct Station ERO qualification and re-qualification, oversee the maintenance of Station ERO training records. (25%)
- Facilities and Equipment direct and perform maintenance of the TSC and OSC, coordinate and provide Station support for communication tests perform/coordinate and review the Station EP inventories. (20%)
Position is responsible for the functional coordination of the Station Emergency Response Organization. Is responsible for the maintenance of the Emergency Preparedness Program, facilities, equipment and associated procedures. Direct interface with senior and departmental management at the station is required. Provides mentoring and leadership for the station ERO. Individual must effectively coordinate schedules with work control for station supported EP activities (drills, inventories, surveillances, tests, maintenance, and training activities.
- Bachelor's degree (technical) with 3 year of directly applicable professional experience OR
- Applicable Professional certification (e.g., Licensed Operator, CHP, CEN) with 5 years industry experience OR
- Associates Degree with 8 years related experience OR
- 8 years' experience in EP, Operations, Operations Training, Radiation Protection or Regulatory Affairs
- 5 years experience in Emergency Preparedness
- Currently or previously certified as a nuclear station instructor under an INPO/ACAD accredited training program