At Constellation, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Constellation and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 200 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Constellation!
Position Type: Hybrid/remote role. Candidates can be based near local offices in any of the following areas: Washinton D.C., Baltimore, Chicago, Philadelphia, or Houston.
This leadership position will manage multiple comprehensive public policy/advocacy campaigns at the local, state and federal level to advance clean energy policies, energy market design and other company objectives related to Constellation’s generation fleet and leading competitive retail business.
The position will support the Director of Corporate Communications in designing and executing integrated strategic advocacy communications plans, working collaboratively with the state and federal public policy teams, marketing, business leads, legal, corporate development, strategy, and other Constellation teams.
The position also will manage policy-related corporate social media channels and large-scale digital media campaigns in service of reaching public policy goals, including engaging employees.
The position will be responsible for building coalitions and strengthening relationships with climate NGO’s, think tanks, industry trade groups and other key allies and stakeholders. This person will maintain and track a digital database of these relationships and build engagement actions into comprehensive policy campaign plans.
Other responsibilities include managing Public Advocacy contractors including media, advertising, and digital campaign platform agencies to achieve maximum effectiveness and cost-efficiency as part of the overall departmental budget; reallocating resources and pivoting campaigns toward emerging policy priorities; building and tracking metrics for measuring success; and managing the work and professional development of between 2-3 direct reports.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
- Manage cross-functional teams focused on campaigns to achieve various public policy goals, including individuals from public policy, corporate, generation and retail communications, legal, corporate strategy and others. 35%
- Manage relationships, collaborate, and activate key Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) and other stakeholders on behalf of Constellation’s public policy and reputational priorities. Maintain and track relationships with key allies and stakeholders in a digital database. 30%
- Lead and manage professional development of team of 2-3 direct reports including social/digital media experts with business and public policy acumen and other supporting roles. 20%
- Collaborate with other Constellation departments to develop, manage, and execute communications initiatives for other emergent issues. Assist Corporate Communications and Public Policy leadership in ensuring consistent messaging across the organization. 5%
- Manage vendor and agency relationships in the development of digital advertising campaigns, collateral materials, and other tactical workstreams in support of public policy objectives. 5%
- Create and execute initiatives to analyze, measure, and manage the effectiveness of Public Affairs Communications and digital media advertising programs. 5%
- Positions report to the Director, Corporate Communications.
- Position is located in Baltimore, Washington DC, Philadelphia or Chicago area and will require some travel to various states in the Northeast U.S.
- Requires significant collaboration with team members, clients, vendors, and senior management in addressing communications needs stretching across organizations.
- Requires significant relationship building including with senior staff company-wide on behalf of the Public Affairs department.
- Requires ability to work independently and in conjunction with the Director of Corporate Communications, SVP and VPs of Public Policy and other senior leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in political campaigns, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability
- Proven organizational agility· Excellent follow-through capability
- Demands high level of performance from self and others
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Media relations skills
- Management experience including proven ability to lead teams from disparate functions; coaching talent and creating roles and processes to achieve policy and business outcomes
- Strong interpersonal communication and management skills
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, political science public policy or related discipline.
- Experience in and ability to manage Communications, Public Policy and Government Affairs programs and initiatives.
- Climate Advocacy experience.