At Constellation, we've got a place for you!
You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement beneﬁts.
The Principal Compensation Consultant is responsible for assisting in the management of the day-to-day operations and activities within the assigned unit as related to general compensation matters. This includes participation in and leading of the development, implementation and administration of focused business unit level compensation programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compensation strategies support and reinforce business unit and corporate strategies. Partner with the Director, Executive Compensation, and client groups to deﬁne HR direction and the manner in which Compensation can support it.
JOB TYPE: Primarily remote with occasional in person team meetings. Candidates can be based near Chicago, Baltimore or Philadelphia.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
Provide support as needed regarding preparation of Compensation Committee meeting materials. Assists the Director in matters related to SOX, SEC and IRS compliance of the executive compensation programs and develops the required plan documents and administrative processes. Project manages departmental role in compliance reporting related to executive compensation such as but not limited to annual Form 10K and Proxy Statement.
Leads the implementation, communication, and administration of compensation programs, including executive market pricing, executive salary administration, long-term Incentive, annual incentive, retention, reward and recognition and supplemental pay programs. Can be process owner as well as implementer as required.
Provide analytical support, model executive compensation scenarios and make recommendations. Provide analytical support regarding ad hoc research and other related executive compensation projects as identified by management. Research and assess market prevalence and trends regarding executive compensation design, retention plans, equity modeling and other compensation trends.
Manage and monitor executive equity ownership guideline achievement. Demonstrate understanding of the requirements/data elements to create reports which streamline and support compensation programs. Participate in third party market surveys for executive positions. Prepare recommendations of new hire and internal executive offer packages and other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, or equivalent
- 8 years in a compensation role (or ﬁnance equivalent role) within a multi-billion dollar organization 4 years executive compensation experience in administering compensation plans and programs within a multi-billion dollar organization
- Knowledge of and ability to use software and computer systems (Oracle and MS Ofﬁce Suite) applicable to organization role
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Advanced excel and modeling skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Skills related to business acumen and decision making
- Ability to sustain high credibility and provide strategic guidance to all levels of the organization, particularly at the Executive and Sr. Leadership levels
- Analytical, consulting, Skills involved with negotiation and persuasion and communication skills at a level applicable to the role
- Project management skills at a level applicable to the breadth and focus of the role Skill and ability in handling highly sensitive and conﬁdential matters appropriately
- Professional certiﬁcation(s) as CCP, PHR, SPHR Master’s degree in HR or related ﬁeld.
- Experience in a Fortune 250 and/or multibillion dollar company Expertise in industry best practices
- Minimum 5 years experience in compensation project management Working knowledge of laws and regulations that impact Compensation. Technical expertise in at least one area of compensation.
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor