At Constellation, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Constellation and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
We have Initial License Trainee opportunities at our IL plants.
Nuclear IL locations:
Byron Station- Byron, IL (Western, IL)
Braidwood Station – Braceville, IL
Dresden Station – Morris, IL
LaSalle Statoin, Marseilles, IL
Clinton Station, Clinton, IL
Quad Cities Station, Cordova, IL
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Initial License Trainee (ILT) attends initial certification class to obtain their Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) License from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Upon certification and subsequently passing the NRC license examination, they will be fully licensed to supervise the operations of the nuclear reactor control room as an Operations Shift Supervisor.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES for INITIAL LICENSE TRAINING:
- Candidates attend class with the intent of attaining an SRO License
- complete ILT Fundamentals, Systems and Simulator Phases
- complete Simulator Certification
- acquire SRO status
- attain NRC SRO License
- Study time, field time needed to attain active licensed status
- Project work, outage assignments, or duties as assigned to support the site operations
POSITION SCOPE for INITIAL LICENSE TRAINING:
Through classroom, simulator and on-the-job experiences, develop the required skills and knowledge to qualify as a senior reactor operator license holder.
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Successfully passing the Plant Operator Selection System (POSS) and Basic Math and Science Test (BMST) pre-employment tests
• Positive First Line Supervisor Leadership Assessment
AND one of the following:
• 1 year Reactor Operator license at a comparable facility or 1.5 years at a noncomparable facility. Example PWR to PWR versus PWR to BWR.
• 18 months position equivalent to Reactor Operator (or Supervisor) at military reactor (Power Plant Watch Engineer, Engineering Watch Supervisor, Reactor Operator, Engineering Officer of the Watch, Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor). Must have 18 months qualified and does not count the watch qualification process.
• BS or equivalent in engineering, engineering technology or physical sciences, or professional engineer license, and more than 18 months qualified non-licensed operator or a supervisor or manager in work control, operations, engineering, outage management, maintenance, radiation protection, chemistry or training at current or comparable (BWR or PWR) facility. Managerial, staff engineer, or supervisor experience at non-comparable plant may be credited on a 1.5:1.0 basis (i.e. over 27 months required for non-comparable facility) and 36 months required for nontraditional degree.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster