At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we're providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the country's lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now we're speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.
*****************This Engineering role can be filled at Entry-level, Mid-level or Senior Engineer level. Please see minimum qualifications list below for each level***********************************
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for performing nuclear engineering and technical tasks, under general supervision, in support of nuclear plant operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform nuclear engineering and technical tasks as assigned by supervision applying general engineering principles. (45%)
- Assure all nuclear engineering products prepared are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, specifications and regulatory requirements. (40%)
- Participate in the development and implementation of effective processes and techniques at appropriate levels of detail and in compliance with established policies and procedures. (10%)
- Recommend format and methodology improvements to standard processes and procedures. (5%)
- Must have good grasp of techniques and a good understanding of the fundamental functions performed by the group.
- Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- Reactor Engineering Oversight: Governance, Oversight and Support of Reactor Engineering activities. Oversee implementation of the Reactivity Management Program. Utilize system indicators to monitor performance and make recommendations. Identify and pursue process and behavior improvements. Drive standardization of Reactor Engineering work practices. Provide technical support for various fuel industry and reactivity related activities and projects.
- Fuel Vendor Oversight: Develop and implement technical oversight program to assure excellence in fuel and core component in-reactor performance through sound fabrication processes. Conduct oversight activities of vendor fabrication processes and coordinates additional resources for supplemental oversight. Reviews vendor process changes to assure technical adequacy. Performs special projects and misc tasks related to nuclear fuel and core component design, fabrication, procurement and in-reactor performance.
- Fuel Reliability Engineer: Monitor, enhance, and implement fuel reliability programs processes and practices. Support field execution of fuel reliability activities. Manage and conduct technical evaluations in support of plant operating strategies, plant equipment and lost parts that may impact fuel and/or control components.
- Safety Analysis Engineer: Manage review and approval of all design inputs, assumptions and outputs relative to SA in support of reload cycle design. Conduct technical evaluations in support of reload cycle design and plant design changes that that impact NF.
- Core Designer/Cycle Manager: Coordinate, direct and/or perform reactor physics analyses required to load, license and operate a nuclear reactor core. Collaborate with the fuel vendor in running codes, selecting inputs and validating outputs used for the reload design and licensing documentation. Monitor core operations to ensure exposure and licensing assumptions are met. Follow reload process for reload meetings, special assignments, exposure accounting, cycle management reports and control blade/component management.
- Revised 9/30/2020
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Entry Level E01 Engineer – New Graduate
- E1- B.S in Engineering
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Mid-level E02 Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering and 2+ years Nuclear or related engineering experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Senior E03 Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years engineering experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS for all levels
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
- Commercial Nuclear Power Plant Experience
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor