At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we're providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the country's lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now we're speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
*****************This Engineering role can be filled at Entry-level, Mid-level or Senior Engineer level. Please see minimum qualifications list below for each level***********************************
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses superior knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has excellent knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations. Functions with recognized industry-level of expertise in a technical area.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform advanced engineering and technical tasks in support of nuclear plant operations. (5%)
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects. (5%)
- Provides in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering activities related to plant safety, reliability, maintainability, and availability ensuring compliance to customer's needs, regulatory requirements, and corporate policies. (5%)
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications. (5%)
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems. (5%)
- Provides initial or complete task management of engineering issues. (5%)
- Recommends equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations. (5%)
- Supports plant design modifications, testing and problem solving. (5%)
- Assure all engineering products prepared or overseen are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, and all regulatory requirements. (5%)
- Develop, implement and coordinate functional supervisory activities including, but not limited to, personnel, budgetary accountabilities and planning goals with respect to engineering personnel. (5%)
- Possesses superior technical expertise as either a multi-disciplined technical leader or as a specific discipline expert. Recognized as an Industry Expert in area or discipline. Performs independently in specialty area and actively imparts knowledge to others (established technical mentor). Has wide latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities. As responsibility increases within the organization, hours of work may increase proportionally. Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities: Plant Engineering Support development of complex troubleshooting plans in support of plant operations. Monitor, assess and improve the performance and reliability of plant systems and components. Utilize system indicators to monitor equipment performance or degradation. Identify and pursue material condition improvements, including predictive and performance centered maintenance optimization. Support engineering functions. Design Engineering Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant's physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes. Programs Engineering Monitor, enhance, and implement technical programs. Identify, schedule and oversee code and regulatory inspections per technical program requirements. Support field execution of programmatic inspections. Prepare required analysis and program documents to support inspection scopes. Engineering Services Support development of engineering budgets, business planning and projects. Support configuration control of engineering records (calculations, design changes). Support engineering programs and functions. Support engineering department scheduling, equipment databases and corrective action program. NOAD Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on process computer and control systems, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on protective relays and associated circuits. Implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on power instruments, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on exciters and voltage regulator equipment, implement improvements as required. Perform Electrical Construction testing for modifications and new installations of electrical equipment and associated circuits. Provide technical expertise on troubleshooting electrical equipment. Provide technical expertise on maintaining, improving and troubleshooting generators, voltage regulators and motors. Dry Cask Storage Subject matter expert on the design bases of dry cask storage (DCS) systems. Applies fleet configuration control processes to DCS activities. Prepares / reviews documents required by 10CFR72 regulations. Supports common resolutions to fleet DCS issues and develops resolution for plant-specific issues. Participates in oversight / audits of vendor engineering and fabrication activities. Safety Analysis Support Maintains appropriate level of knowledge of safety analyses and methodologies. Provides interface function between corporate Engineering Safety Analysis and the site. Reviews design and licensing basis documents to support plant changes. Performs tasks that support Engineering Safety Analysis areas of responsibility, including development of fuel reload and safety analysis input parameter listings.
- EIS Metallurgical and Shop Support Engineer - Perform failure analysis and root cause analysis to identify cause of component failure and document findings in technical report. Characterize material composition and mechanical properties to identify materials. Create welding documentation and technical procedures in accordance with established procedures, processes, standard and regulatory requirements. Oversees, support and lead technical aspects of various shop overhaul work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Entry Level E01 Engineer – New Graduate
- E1- B.S in Engineering
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Mid-level E02 Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering and 2+ years Nuclear or related engineering experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Senior E03 Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years engineering experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS for all levels
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
- Commercial Nuclear Power Plant Experience
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor