Proposal Content Writer I
About the Job
The Proposal Content Writer I writes and edits proposal material producing pieces that drive engagement and market the organization's brand. This individual researches markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original. The role collaborates with product teams, marketing, sales, and designers on ideas and strategies to become the voice of the customer.
Responsibilities include gathering information, formatting the information according to the company's policies, obtaining supervisor approval, and sending the proposal to the appropriate source.
- Researches and translates technical information into customer-facing documents for non-technical and technical users.
- Creates new proposal content and edits existing content that aligns with company value proposition, portfolio offerings and go to market and brand strategy.
- Works with manager to assesses RFP instructions to develop response writing strategies and storyboards including win theme development.
- Works with Solution Directors and Proposal Managers to develop content for ongoing proposal efforts (both standard boilerplate and custom content).
- Researches, outlines and writes documentation that is technically accurate and confirms to the company writing style.
- Works with graphics and production on presenting information graphically and makes necessary revisions to existing documentation.
- Researches and develops an understanding of the marketing requirements for the features being documented, including target audience and competitive documentation to coalesce information into a consistent format and voice.
- Works with internal teams to obtain an understanding of the product specifications and operational procedures in order to translate that information into compelling messaging for customers.
- Education- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Area of study Technical, journalism, marketing or business emphasis
- Experience -2+ years of experience in the IT Outsourcing industry
- Technical Competencies- Understanding of IT outsourcing concepts and industry
- Expertise in MS Office Tools/Suite and G-suite
Skill and Abilities
- Ability to follow directions and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and follow through with completing work to a high degree of quality
- Fundamental knowledge of technology and IT outsourcing.
- Ability to interpret requirements and develop clear, succinct and compelling value-based messaging
- Researching, writing, and organizing information in a professional and credible manner.
- Conducting research and interviews about company products, services, and/or business ideas.
- This might include conducting interviews, attending meetings and gathering source information.
- Attending meetings and identifying opportunities for proposal writing and improving current content.
- Prioritizing responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Must handle multiple revisions with input from various stakeholders, edit and re-edit proposal sections as needed, and ensure that proposals maintain a consistent tone or voice.
- Maintaining consistency in proposal writing by following company guidelines for branding, messaging, vernacular, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and approachable manner
- Ability to manage simultaneous and often conflicting priorities in an effective manner an provide leadership to the team
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify and protect confidential information
Equal Employment Opportunity