Commercial Manager, North Region
About the Job
Job Title: BioProduction Commercial Manager Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines and other mainland Southeast Asia (North region)
Reports To: Director of BioProduction SEATW
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
This role is a critical business leadership position chartered to implement strategies and tactics to drive profitable growth for the BioProduction business in North region. This will be achieved through the effective management of a highly qualified team of Key Account Managers responsible for exceeding our customers’ expectations and supporting and guiding our Channel Partners within the North region.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding annual revenue, organic growth targets and market share growth objectives established for the region.
- Develop/enhance customer/distributor relationships to drive revenue growth in Southeast Asia (South region) through the effective use of Salesforce.com in managing the opportunity pipeline.
- Lead negotiation of major contracts in alignment with Key Accounts Team and Distributor/Channel activity in the North region
- Coordinate with Divisional Business Units and customers to identify potential issues within the supply chain and determine the best course to mitigate and minimize any negative impact to customers.
- Drive best practices in the Commercial team for demand planning & forecasting through comprehensive use of Salesforce.com.
- Effective participation in developing the regional BPD commercial plan in consultation with Commercial Director, including development and implementation of tactics to accomplish organic growth and revenue targets.
- Drives regional promotional initiatives and sales strategies in alignment with Divisional Marketing Strategy through the Commercial team and Channel partners.
- Provide ongoing feedback on the regional market and customer needs to the Divisional Business Units for the development of new products and solutions.
- Both directly and through the commercial team, facilitate the development and maintenance of a high level of market intelligence of the BioProduction market, competitive environment and technology trends within the region and provide this information to our Global Marketing team through the Regional Marketing Manager.
- Facilitate the infield training and continual core competence development of the Commercial team to maximise career opportunities and continually enhancing the customer experience.
- Ensure appropriate resources committed to training and supporting Channel Partners in the region and improve competency level of Channel Partners
- Maintain continual high level relationships with key customers in the North region
- Manage working relationship with Channel Partners and alignment of channels to leverage strengths of the Thermo Fisher Scientific organization in Southeast Asia
- Participate in individual and company training programs to increase sales and technical skills for self and team.
- 10-15 years of work experience in the pharmaceutical, life sciences industry or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- 7 years of experience in Commercial team management and experience managing channel relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in a global matrixed organization
- Understanding of classic sales management tools and processes.
- Knowledgeable about competitor analysis, product positioning strategy, pricing strategies and other tactical skills.
- Understanding and proven ability to apply leading Sales Excellence processes including: Channel Selling, Solution Selling, and pricing.
- Highly successful in forming interdepartmental relationships.
- Ability to work independently with initiate and strong business judgment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong evidence of ability to implement and execute plans.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Successful in coaching techniques across a multi-cultural team Demonstrated excellence in English oral and written communication skills; additional Asian language skills highly regarded
- Bachelor’s degree majoring in Biology or related Life Sciences required.
- Post-graduate qualification, such as an MBA will be well regarded.
Other Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of workflow processes in Cell Culture related applications in the Biopharmaceutical/Biotech markets in the region will be well regarded.
- Frequent travel will be required.