Combined Insurance Urbandale, IA
About the Job
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure and maintain Enterprise Systems and/or Environments.
- Work with Systems and Development teams to detect, diagnose and resolve problems.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring security and integrity of systems.
- Initiate new responsibilities and help plan for the future of Enterprise Systems and evaluate and/or recommend purchases.
- Work with team on automation strategies for routine management and deployment items.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Other work duties as assigned by management.
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Enterprise Computer and Storage Hardware.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Working experience in Virtualization, Windows and Linux Management.
- Experience in patch and configure management.
- Experience in backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Experience with Automation & Orchestration.
- On Call - Requires some weekend and night work to perform upgrades and patches.
Functional Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Willingness and ability to keep up with changing technologies.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at various technical levels.
Education: High School Diploma required. An Associates or Bachelor's degree in a related area preferred.
Experience: 5+ years of related experience.